The fertility rate of sperm plays a vital role in giving birth to a healthy baby. Based on the suggestion of different fertility specialists like Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour, the dearth of nutrients and vitamins in the diet plan of any men would affect his quality and quantity of the sperm. In other words, poor and inappropriate food habits may put a negative impact on the fertility rate of any male. This will lead to a serious problem while planning for having a healthy baby.
To ensure the generation of appropriate quality of sperm that helps a man to fertilize the egg or the ovum his partner, he should need to adopt a proper diet plan and make some changes to lead a healthy and happy life.
Follow a Healthy Diet plan
To maintain a nourished and active lifestyle any men need to include different things and foods to produce a healthy and effective diet. This will help to generate quality sperm and increase both the physical and mental health in an effective manner. Things that men need to consume or eat for having a good quality sperm and increase its fertility:
- Have good quality walnuts every day to have a proper amount of vitamins and nutrients in the body, this will help you to increase your inner strength as well as maintain your fertility.
- Your diet should include different vegetables and fruits to maintain your fitness as it will you to reduce body fat and maintain the level of your Body Mass Index.
- Consumption of different whole grains and cereals may help to strengthen your muscles and increase the stamina to fertilize the female egg or the ovum of your partner.
- Men need to consume fish more than processed meat to improve the quality of their sperm as well as increase its count.
Things men should do to improve their fertility rate
Besides following an effective diet and having healthy foods, there are different things that male need to maintain an effective fertility rate:
- As per the opinion of Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour and other In Vitro Fertilization specialists, men should need to perform the exercise for at least 20-30 min for not more than two to three days a week. This will help him to keep your body fit and relax your mind to generate healthy sperm.
- Make sure that you should sleep at least eight hours a day. This will help you to reduce your stress and anxiety level and generate good quality sperm.
- Maintain a positive attitude to make yourself energetic and relax your brain.
- Men should need to avoid wearing tight underwear as it will disrupt the proper blood flow or the blood circulation in your reproductive organs like testicles. To avoid this problem you may switch your preference to different loose-fitting trousers, shorts or boxers.
- Avoid excessive consumption of caffeine as it will reduce the level of sperm count and affect your fertility badly.
Thus in order to maintain a proper fertility rate men need to follow the above -mentioned changes and consume healthy food and vegetables to stay fit and overcome different problems regarding the rate of their sperm fertility.
Read more articles about Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a micromanipulation procedure involves the direct injection of a single sperm into an egg to attempt fertilization. It usually used with male infertility or patients with previous IVF failure. There are generally five simple steps are involved in ICSI procedure which include the following:
- The mature egg has been collected in a specialized glass tube.
- A hollow, very delicate and sharp needle is used to pick up and immobilize a single sperm.
- With care, the needle is then inserted through the cytoplasm of the egg and shell of the egg.
- The sperm is carefully injected into the cytoplasm and the needle is than removed.
- Following day, the eggs are checked further for the sign and evidence of normal fertilization.
The embryo transfer process is followed to physically plant the embryo in the woman’s uterus, once the all steps of ICSI are completed and fertilization become successful. Then it is a event to wait and watch for early pregnancy symptoms. The doctor may use ultrasound reports or a blood test to verify if implantation and pregnancy has occurred successfully.
Risks associated with ICSI
There are also several risks associated with ICSI procedure. The first risk is that, during the ICSI procedure, as a result of the needle insertion a small number of eggs (approximately less than 5 percent) may be damaged. Second, the overall risk of having a baby with a chromosomal abnormality in the X or Y chromosomes is 0.8 percent (or eight per 1000) which is nearly four times the average found with spontaneous conception. At present, we are unable to figure out the exact reason for this increased risk. It is important to know the following problems can be involved with sex chromosome abnormalities:
- There may be a requirement of surgery for affected infants with heart problems
- Increased risk of miscarriage
- Increased risk of learning disabilities or behavior abnormality
- Increased risk of serious infertility issues in your children during their adulthood
- The risk of having a chromosomal abnormality like Down’s syndrome is basically not increased with ICSI procedure but increases with maternal age.
If a successfully fertilization takes place, a women chance of giving birth to a single baby, twins, or triplets is the same if they have IVF with or without ICSI. Several studies have indicated the issue of developmental delays in children born with ICSI. But, there is no definitive proof that this is the case.
How successful is ICSI?
Chances of successful fertilization with this procedure vary between patients (particularly according to the age of the woman). Fertilization rates of nearly 80 percent of all eggs injected which is equivalent to fertilization with normal sperm are currently being achieved, and high pregnancy rates are seen with ICSI procedure for the couples suffering male factor infertility.
The most important indicator of ICSI success found to be the fertilization rate achieved during the ICSI procedure. The fertilization rate at SCI Healthcare and SCI IVF Hospital and Multi-specialty Center is exceptional high (currently 80 to 85 percent). This indicates, on average, eight out of every 10 eggs will fertilize in proper and normal way.
Male infertility is the situation where reproductive problems have been found in the male. Reproduction is a simple and natural experience for most couples. However, for some couples it is very difficult to conceive. A man’s fertility generally relies on the quantity and quality of his sperm. If the number of sperms a man ejaculates is low or the sperm is of a poor quality, it will difficult for him to cause a pregnancy. Males born with hormonal problems or undescended testes can become infertile. Some men, who have both the testes but are not able to produce sperm, also suffer from infertility, Moreover, stress can cause decreased libido and the couple can end up in having infertility.
Some causes recognized of infertility in male are following:
- Low numbers and quality of sperm production.
- Obstruction of sperm transport
- Sexual problems
- Hormonal problems
- Sperm antibodies
Fertility Test for Men
In all cases of infertility, one-third of males are found infertile. Couples, who are wishing to have their own baby, also need to consult a doctor for treatment of infertility in the male partner. For treatment of male infertility, doctors diagnose patient using different fertility tests. Some important fertility tests for men are following:
- Semen Analysis: Semen analysis forms the basis of important decisions concerning appropriate treatment for male infertility. Semen analysis should be performed in a laboratory adhering to national quality control standards. Sperm is collected into a specimen jar and presented to a lab technician who examines the sperm under a microscope in order to evaluate the count, shape, appearance, and mobility of the sperm.
- Sperm Agglutination:Sperm agglutination refers to the percentage of sperm stuck together in the provided sample. Sperm can stick together at the head, tail or head-to-tail. Sperms are not supposed to stick together, they cannot swim that way. Sperms are supposed to be free moving, straight swimming with a healthy shape.
- Sperm Penetration Assay: A laboratory test utilizing hamster eggs to evaluate a sperm’s capability of penetrating the egg. This test is rarely used. The test is scored by calculation of the percentage of ova that are penetrated or the average number of sperm penetrations per ovum. The sperm penetration assay identifies those couples that will have a high likelihood of success with in-vitro fertilization.
- Vasography: An x-ray exam is used to determine if there is blockage or leakage of sperm in the vas deferens to avoid performing an extra operation, vasography is encouraged to be done at the time of correction of the obstruction.
- Ultrasonography: This assessment used to detect damage or blockages in the male reproductive tract, including the prostate, seminal vesicles, and ejaculatory ducts. It plays an important role for evaluation of pathologic conditions of the testes.
Acrosome Reaction: Laboratory test that helps to determine if sperm heads are able to go through the chemical changes necessary to dissolve an egg’s tough outer shell. The Acrosome Reaction is the reaction that occurs in the acrosome of the sperm as it approaches the egg.
IVF is one of the best and effective processes to curb infertility. If any couple is unable to get pregnant after regular intercourse for around a year, it is high time to consult the doctor and get yourself diagnosed. Both male and female need to go for the diagnosis in order to find the root cause of infertility. With the success rate of IVF being very high, more and more couples are now turning towards IVF as a brilliant solution.
Though the success rate depends on a number of factors but still few attempts of IVF can result into success. A lot depends on the way IVF process is carried out in your case, the health of your sperms and eggs, age factor and many other things. Your doctor will be able to guide you in the proper direction after studying your case and seeing how IVF is showing the results. Following the advice of the doctor is the best thing to get the desired outcomes.
IVF success rate
As already discussed above that IVF caters to several aspects. First and foremost being the age. As you tend to get older the chances go down. It is because the body becomes weak and it is difficult to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. If you consume too much of alcohol or smoke then too the chances are quite low. Unhealthy lifestyle, stress and being overweight are other factors that influence the rate of success. That is why it is really important to prepare yourself for the process in advance. This can definitely boost your chances and you will be able to achieve the results too.
Cost of the IVF process
IVF is definitely a costly affair and it becomes difficult for the couples to avail the same. If you are using your own sperms and eggs, then the cost is a bit low but in case you are getting it from the donor the cost can go up. Usually the cost of one cycle of IVF varies from $10, 000 to $12, 000 and can increase depending on the other treatments integrated with your IVF. So a better way out is to consult your infertility expert regarding the amount of money that you will have to invest in the process. In this way you can plan your budget and expect the right outcomes you have been looking for.
Nowadays there are a lot of infertility clinics which run different kinds of IVF programs to help the couples. You can take help from them as you get a lot of financial help. You can even compare the cost of the process at different clinics and then choose the best one. So this is how you can go about finding the infertility centre which is reputed, has a good team of qualified doctors and is able to perform the process in the right manner. Hope IVF works for you and get successful to have your baby. Do try IVF as there is no better choice to extend your family.
What would be a happier word than a child calls you mom or dad? Well this is what you call as parents, which you can also become one day. There are a lot of couples who are facing from the problem of infertility and this works as a hindrance for them to become parent. The infertility problem can be of both man and women and with proper consultation and check-up you can resolve this issue. Today, with the help of experienced doctors like Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour and updated medical science, you can resolve this problem as well.
In Delhi, Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour has her own SCI IVF Hospital in Kailash Colony, where you can have the advance booking and seek the assistance in a hassle free manner. Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour uses the latest technologies while examining the problem and if needed she can also let you have test tube babies as well. Go visit her today!