IVF is the technological treatment chosen by various infertile couples as an assisted conception method in case of infertility. In this process, eggs are extracted from the ovaries of a woman and are mixed with sperm and are observed for the formation of an embryo. Then this embryo is placed in the uterus of the infertile woman. The woman’s body then conceives a fetus through the embryo and gets pregnant.
Natural pregnancy is drastically different from an IVF pregnancy. In a natural pregnancy, the normal method of sexual intercourse is enough for conception. This is what makes IVF and a natural pregnancy different from each other. The best IVF experts in Delhi can easily tell you the difference between the two types of pregnancies.
Let’s discuss other things in which a natural pregnancy and an IVF pregnancy can be different.
- IVF pregnancies are not necessarily riskier than normal pregnancies. This differs from case to case. Several normal pregnancies have a higher risk than IVF pregnancy.
- IVF has a slightly higher chance of birth deformities from a natural pregnancy. There is a 1 percent higher chance of birth defects in babies born through IVF than born through natural pregnancy. 3-5 children in 15000 IVF children have birth deformities while in the case of normal pregnancies, the rate is 1 in 15000.
- The chances of birth defects before conception are higher in IVF. Through PGS and PGD, birth defects are easier to be detected in embryos even before they are placed in the uterus. This is not possible in case of normal pregnancy.
- IVF mothers are often giving birth to multiple babies at once since the chance of conception of more than one embryo is higher in IVF pregnancies than in normal pregnancies. 11.5% of IVF pregnancies result in multiple babies. Multiple babies can result in premature labor and low birth weight of the babies. The care of such mothers is also a high requirement in these cases.
- In the case of IVF pregnancies, it is easier to know all the side effects as the mother knows from the point of conception that they have conceived. This is not the case with a natural pregnancy. The mother in natural pregnancy doesn’t know they’ve conceived generally until one month of conception.
- Sometimes in IVF treatment, medications and methods to stimulate eggs can give symptoms of pregnancy to a woman trying to conceive. This doesn’t necessarily mean that she is pregnant. In the case of natural pregnancy, the symptoms of pregnancy most probably indicate a successful conception.
These are some of the differences between a normal pregnancy and an IVF pregnancy. The differences are not hard to understand and any good IVF clinic can easily explain to you the differences that you might face when it comes to conception through IVF. This information can keep you informed and alert and can make a huge difference in decision making and taking care. In case you still have doubts, you can consult Dr. Shivani Gour at SCI IVF Centre in Noida.
Surrogacy bill discussed in UPCOG Conference (Uttar Pradesh Chapter of Obstetrics and gynecology conference) in Varanasi on 17th November 2019: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
An old interview with Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour on the topic of How big is the surrogacy industry in India? What’s the future outlook?
Dearest Dr. Shivani,
We cannot thank you enough.
You have made our dreams come true, and given us a beautiful baby Boy.
We will always be grateful to you, your team and everyone that has brought us to parenthood. Please accept our deepest gratitude and know that we will always remember you and that you will always be a part of our family.
Thank you so much!!
Lots of love
Angie + Scott + Baby Erik
Dear Dr Shivani,
It’s impossible to put into words our gratitude to you and your team. You have helped us to feel whole again and you will be in our hearts forever.
Thank you so much for helping to bring our precious angels for us i.e. Cian and Clava.
Much love to thanks
Lisa and Michael
Dear Dr Shivani Gour and the SCI IVF Team,
We write this email to say thank you to you and your team for excellent care and great expertise during our IVF journey. May we announce to you the birth of our beautiful twins (boy and girl) born on the 12th May 2018 delivered via c-section. Words cannot express how grateful we are for everything you have done for us.
May God bless you and your team abundantly!
NB: see you in future for baby number 3 :)
E & M
IVF evolved in the 1970’s but not many people knew about it. There were only few couples who opted it as one of the last resorts for them. Mainly the treatment catered to only females have blocked fallopian tubes but later on new technologies emerged. Medical science made a lot of advancements and today IVF is able to treat a number of infertility issues. Also its popularity is so high that even the young couples aged between 25-30 are going for it.
Today IVF has become common with its awareness increasing day by day. Earlier people hesitated to talk about it but now times have changed and people are discussing and gathering more information without having any doubt in their mind. No matter what kind of internal problem, the male or female is going through IVF will curb everything thereby giving you a hope to become pregnant.
There are countless IVF centers in India where you can avail this service but choosing a trusted one can make a huge difference. This is the reason that one should be careful and opt for a reliable ivf treatment centre only. Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour is the infertility specialist who has helped many couples and made then the proud parents. Her maximum cases have been successful with more and more couples approaching her for the best solutions.
But couples have a lot of questions in mind and one is about the right age for availing the IVF treatment.
Does age matter?
There are so many people who ask as what is the right age to go for the IVF treatment. As such there is no age bar for this treatment as couples of the age 40 and above are also going through the IVF treatment. Though the chances of success really come down with the increasing age but still there is no effect on the body or there are no risk factors associated. Today the couples have become a little smart and are trying this treatment at early stage. This has what increased the chances of success by leaps and bounds.
So if you are thinking about the age factor, do not worry as IVF can be tried at any age group. There are no restrictions for the same but you need to consult the expert regarding the rate of success. Depending on your health and internal organs the doctor will be able to guide you as what are the chances of success and how to go about it. In this way you will be able to receive the right assistance and information which will be useful while taking the decision.
IVF is highly successful and in case age increases one can go for more IVF treatments as well. The only thing is to find a good specialist who has years of experience and has dealt with similar cases. Only then you can be rest assured that your case is in safe hands. Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour is definitely the right expert to offer the best IVF treatment you are looking for.
Contact to IVF Expert Dr Shivani Gour at- http://www.drshivanisachdevgour.info
To get more information follow us on Facebook and Twitter