There are many medical reasons for cesarean delivery. Cesarean birth is also called as c-section and it is a surgery where your baby is born through a cut that is made in your belly and uterus. It is stated for some women c-section is said to be better than vaginal birth. Some of the medical reasons for having a c-section depend on the case and the status that you are facing. Besides, if the health care provider finds that you have complications that make vaginal birth unsafe he/she can ask you for cesarean delivery.
There might be pregnancy complications and these are mentioned below:
- If you had c-section in a previous pregnancy or if you had surgeries on your uterus (womb), your physician can take you for cesarean delivery
- If there is any problem with the placenta which grows in your uterus there is a chance of Placental problems can cause dangerous bleeding during vaginal birth.
- If you physician find that you have an infection, like HIV or genital herpes.
- The next chance is if you having multiples babies there is a chance that your doctor would let you go for cesarean delivery.
- If you have a chronic health conditions that include diabetes or high blood pressure
- If you experience complications during labor and birth you can be asked to have cesarean delivery
There are other reasons like your baby is too big in order to pass safely through the vagina or if your baby is in a breech position or what we call it as a transverse position then there is a chance that you are being asked for Cesarean delivery. Besides, if labor is too slow or stops there is only one chance that you go for cesarean delivery. Thus, you can find that there are many reasons that have explained itself why there are number of cases in terms of cesarean delivery. Though it is said that normal delivery is best way to bring your off-springs to the world, but due to some conditions and complications people go for cesarean delivery.
Thus, if there are no any complications with your pregnancy, then a vaginal birth is quite safer than a caesarean birth. This is the best way for your pregnancy, because complications are found to be more common with c-sections. Doctors say that a vaginal birth is always better for your future fertility. A caesarean delivery would involve major surgery in your tummy and pelvic area and thus you might come up with different problem in the future. However, complications are experienced to be rare for a first caesarean section, but it is always said to have vaginal birth instead of cesarean delivery.