Surrogacy is a legal arrangement where a woman consensually bears a child for another person or couple. The surrogate mother gives the child to the couple that can’t traditionally conceive a child. In the past few years, surrogacy packages in India have become extremely popular.
Surrogacy packages are rated based on surrogacy success rates, quality of services, and the doctor’s qualification. Why are these packages so popular at the moment? Let’s explore.
Surrogacy Programs Are Much Safer Now
Surrogacy packages in India differ in terms of their criteria for women to be accepted as surrogates. But, all packages have strict criteria to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of the surrogates.
- The potential surrogates involved in these packages must be of a certain age, preferably between twenty-three and thirty-three years.
- Surrogates must be healthy and fertile (either by PGT or by having delivered children in the past).
- Surrogates go through extensive screening for inheritable diseases, pre-existing heart conditions, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Surrogates also undergo psychological assessments. These tests evaluate whether the surrogate is emotionally prepared to go through the intense surrogacy process.
- Counselors explore various “what if” scenarios with surrogates. They probe how the surrogates may feel if there are miscarriages, if they develop bonds with the unborn children, etc.
Only the healthiest and the best-prepared surrogates are chosen for the top surrogacy packages in India. That’s why modern-day couples feel more confident about this process.
Advances in Gestational Surrogacy Technology
Surrogates are of two types – traditional and gestational. Traditional surrogates are inseminated with the sperms of the intended fathers. The children born out of this process are genetically related to surrogates. This genetic relationship is one of the reasons why many couples didn’t consider surrogacy in the past.
Today, advances in gestational surrogacy technology have made assisted reproductive technology (ART) processes more appealing to couples. Gestational surrogacy is where surrogates have no genetic relations with the child.
- Eggs and sperms are fertilized outside the surrogates’ wombs with in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- The subsequent embryo is shifted to the gestational carriers (the surrogates).
- The surrogates carry the babies to term but have zero genetic relationships with them.
Gestational surrogacy is far more desirable for most couples that seek surrogacy treatment cost in Delhi. Couples consider gestational surrogacy to be a better option for both medical and social reasons.
Rising Infertility Rates
Many couples in India have been married for years but are unable to conceive. The inability to conceive is mostly down to medical conditions, and it’s a country-wide phenomenon. Infertility cases are common across all Indian states, cities, and districts.
According to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) estimates, 3.9% to 16.8% of Indians (male and female) suffer from primary infertility. Many of them decide to receive surrogacy and infertility treatments like IVF.
COVID-Safe Surrogacy Services
The best surrogate clinics across the nation halted their services only for a brief period during 2020’s lockdowns. Since then, surrogate clinics have continued to accept applications from aspiring parents and surrogates. Here’s how these clinics have made surrogacy services “COVID-safe” during this period –
- Surrogates have to answer questions related to potential virus exposure before being invited to the clinics. They also have to undergo COVID19 tests.
- Top surrogacy clinics receive limited numbers of applications.
- Couples hoping to have children can communicate via videoconferencing with their fertility specialists.
- Physical visits to fertility clinics are heavily restricted. Parents are invited only for unavoidable reasons.
Parents also have the option to request postponements. These measures taken by the best surrogacy centre in Delhi have made them extremely popular.