Men’s fertility totally depends on the quantity and quality of sperm that he generates. It is man’s sperm quantity and quality that can make a woman pregnant or he will not be able to do it at all. As per the study, around one in every 20 men has fertility problems and it is mainly due to a low sperm count. A condition that is called as secondary hypogonadism, which affects around 2% of men, which makes them infertile.It is the only condition that mainly causes infertility in men and to treat it, he has to take fertility medication. Below mentioned are few male fertility medications that can be helpful to boost sperm count and motility.
- A man who is suffering from infertility can take Clomiphene, which is one of the non-steroid medication that helps in boosting the production of pituitary hormones. It can also help in increasing the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and the luteinizing hormone (LH). Taking this medication can direct the testicles to secrete testosterone and produce healthy sperm.
- The next is Gonadotrophins (hCG and hMG) that can stimulate the testes to produce testosterone and sperm. Popular brands like Pregnyl and Novarel comes with few medications that can assist the reproductive technologies.
- Letrozole is another male fertility medication that can be used to treat sperm issues. Taking this drug can increase the testosterone levels in the body and bring up the sperm count.
- There are synthetic testosterone pills, injections and even gels that can be used to boost the low levels of natural testosterone in the body. The gel form is said to be safer than the pill form. You can take transdermal testosterone applications.
- Those males who are suffering from fertility problem can take bromocriptine. This can prevent the release of prolactin hormone in the body, which causes a reduction in testosterone levels. The medication is useful for men who have sperm impairment due to hyperparathyroidism.
- Imipramine is another medication that is currently used for treating retrograde ejaculation. The drug reverts the abnormal ejaculation of sperm.
How Fertility Medications Work?
- It can stimulate the hormone production by increasing testosterone.
- The drugs can improve the semen production, making it healthy and independently moving semen
- It can keep the blood sugar levels under control, thereby preventing infertility as well as diabetes.
- Stimulate the blood flow in the genital area and restore the activity
- The drugs can increase the libido and boost the sexual drive of the man
The Bottom Line
For those who are suffering from infertility need not worry about it because there are medications that can treat it. Besides, you need to follow a healthy lifestyle as well.